Christopher Business System (CBS 7.0)
Over the years, we benchmarked and studied several of our clients who represent the most respected manufacturing and service companies in the world. What we found was a common utilization of operational systems that enabled them to consistently provide superior quality in the most cost and time effective ways possible. Many of these systems incorporated principles from Deming, Six Sigma, Kaizen, KanBan, and others. The results were/are proprietary operating systems which enable the building of world-class brands through the flawless execution of one’s business plan.
Early in our formation, we invested in the development and implementation of our own proprietary operating system similar to those we had studied called Christopher Business System (CBS). This system represents a breakthrough in a scientific, systematic, comprehensive and integrated approach to conducting search. To the best of our knowledge we are the first, and perhaps only firm to undertake such measures and the results have been simply astonishing. Now in its seventh iteration, this unique proprietary system (CBS 7.0) enables our team members to produce high-quality talent, at unmatched speeds, while delivering legendary service.
So, what is CBS 7.0? In simplistic terms, it is:
- Integrated Three-Person Search Team: assigned to every search consisting of a Managing Partner/Relationship Manager, Recruiting Director/Manager and Research/Marketing Manager.
- Positional/Candidate Profiling: in-depth “Pull-Up” Meeting utilizing proprietary tools to first clearly define the Position Specification and second the Ideal Man/Woman Candidate Profile.
- Functionally Aligned Recruiting Teams , e.g., Architects, Manager, Directors, CIO’s, etc.: with extensive nationwide networks and functionally specific candidate databases.
- Team-Based Communications: including search “Pull-Up” meeting, “Slate Presentation” meetings, “Interview Debrief” meetings, “Process Management” meetings, “Offer Extension” meetings, “Transition Management” meetings, etc.
- Search/Company Specific Candidate Marketing Packets: Complete with job description, hiring authority bio, executive bios, company financials, annual reports, recent press releases and location/area information and profiles.
- Targeted Network- and Market-Based Sourcing Campaigns through state-of-the-art spidering technology, we have access to nearly all named IT professionals in the United States in addition to our candidate IT database. We don’t use ads or emails blasts. Rather, we recruit the old-fashioned way with direct calls into passive candidates.
- Candidate Pre-Screen: utilizing position specific Candidate Assessment Tool (C.A.T.).
- Full Candidate Structured Assessments: utilizing position specific Structured Interview
Guide (SIG) via high-definition video interview with tailored Competency and Chemistry screens. We see every candidate before you do.
- Tri-Weekly Production Schedule: for each search yielding a new slate of three fully developed profile-fitting candidates complete with Position Specific Resume, Candidate Assessment Tool, Structured Interview Guide, and Search Metrics every four weeks until search completion (for recorded or face-to-face interviews an additional one to two weeks is required).
- Search Metrics: we specifically track and report on every candidate we assess for a given search (typically 100 to 200+ candidates) and share with our clients throughout the search process.
- Weekly Progress Updates: via email and/or scheduled calls.
- Process Management: we provide comprehensive support to both our candidates and clients throughout the search process including but not limited to scheduling, travel arrangements, candidate preps/debriefs, client preps/debriefs, site visits, and other.
- Reference Checks: we provide targeted and structured background checks on every desired candidate to garner historic data on performance, knowledge, skills, strengths, developmental needs, social styles, and specific client concerns.
- Offer Preparation and Extension: we complete a candidate “Pre-Close” on desired candidates including a side-by-side, Total Compensation Profile for both Current Compensation Package and Desired Compensation Package prior to Offer Extension.
- Resignation/Transition Support: to ensure a smooth no-counter-offer risk transition, we closely counsel and monitor every offered candidate through date of hire.
- On-Boarding and Post-Hire Support: we stay close to each placed candidate to ensure a smooth and effective assimilation over the first 90 days of employment.